The Pradhan Mantri Suryodaya Yojana (PMSY) is an Indian government scheme that aims to provide reliable daytime power to rural areas and help poor and middle-class people like farmers. In this scheme, people will get relief from their electricity bills. The objective of this scheme is to reduce the electricity bills of poor or middle-class people. Let us know about this scheme.
Under the Suryodaya Yojana, rooftop solar panels will be installed in more than 1 crore houses. With the help of these rooftop solar panels, people will have a source of energy. Actually, the government has started this scheme to promote self-reliance in the energy sector.
Under PMSY, solar energy will be used to provide electricity access to poor or middle-class people.
क्या है प्रधानमंत्री सूर्योदय योजना?
Eligibility for the Pradhan Mantri Suryodaya Yojana
- Only Indians will get the benefit of this scheme.
- The annual income of the applicant will be less than Rs 1.5 lakh.
- All documents must be correct at the time of application.
- The applicant should not be in government service.
Documents are required for the Pradhan Mantri Suryodaya Yojana
- Aadhaar Card.
- Valid address proof.
- Electricity bill (last 3 to 6 months).
- Income source certificate.
- Valid mobile number.
- Bank passbook and account number.
- Passport-size photo.
- Ration card.
How to apply for Pradhan Mantri Suryodaya Yojana (PMSY)
Here is a step-by-step process to apply suryodaya yojna
- You have to go to the official website of the Pradhan Mantri Suryodaya Yojana (https://solarrooftop.gov.in/).
- After this, you have to select Apply on the home page.
- Now select your state and district and enter the remaining information.
- After this, you have to fill out the electricity bill number.
- After filling in the electricity cost information and basic information, enter the solar panel details.
- Now measure the area of your roof and fill it.
- You have to select and apply rooftop solar panels according to the area of the roof.
- Submit the application.
After the completion of the application, the government will deposit the subsidy amount for installing rooftop solar panels under this scheme in your bank account.